July 18, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm CDT
A long-time staple of the annual Show of Shows, the Alumni Tent has served as the place for reunions, reminiscing, and responsibly imbibing in the fanciest of cocktails. (If light beer is your cocktail of choice, of course.) While we can’t all be at the Alumni Tent or tailgating in the lot, we can share a socially distant toast during this Virtual Happy Hour!
First: you’ll need a great cocktail. We recruited some of our most knowledgable mixologists to guide us in making some phantastic liquid refreshments. Below are the recipes if you want to prepare ahead of time, and get ready to mix along!
We’ll wrap up with a LIVE reunion with some faces that you may recognize from their high-salutin’ days. Then we’ll all share a toast as we head into the most exciting part of the day: PRIME TIME!
Joe’s Bloody Mary
- Vodka of your choice
- Jar of pickles
- Bloody Mary mix
- Garnishes: black pepper, celery, Havarti & dill cheese, olives, salami, shrimp, lemon/lime, A1, hot sauce, or whatever you like!
- Shaker (or second glass for mixing)
- Skewer – trimmed to slightly larger than the top of the pint glass
- Fill glass with about 3/4 ice
- Pour a bit of pickle juice over the ice into the pint glass
- Fill glass a little less than halfway with vodka
- Add Bloody Mary Mix. Leave about 2-fingers of room at the top for garnishes!
- Use shaker to mix the liquid back and forth.
- Add pepper and follow with any liquid garnishes
- Add garnishes to skewer so the celery
- Season with a squeeze of lime and/or lemon, or add to side of glass if serving to others
*Joe’s Recommendations: Ketel One Vodka, McClure’s Pickles, Mr & Mrs T’s Mix or Zing Zang for a spicy version!
Joe Hickey is a Phantom Regiment alumnus and a member of the PR Board of Directors
Emily’s Corpse Reviver No. 2
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce Cointreau or Orange Liquor
- 1 ounce Lillet, or Cocchi Americano
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 dash absinthe
- Martini, Coup or Cocktail Glass
- In a chilled coupe or cocktail glass, add a dash of absinthe. Roll around to coat and discard excess.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into prepared coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange or lemon peel.
Emily (Fetcho) Barclay is a Phantom Regiment alumnus and a member of the PR Board of Directors
Dekko’s Apple Martini Cocktail
- Small Strainer
- Sour Apple Pucker
- Martini Glass
- Fill shaker approximately 3/4 full with ice
- Add vodka
- Add Sour Apple Pucker
- Shake until liquid is cold
- Pour into martini glass, using strainer to filter small ice chips. Be sure to leave about one finger at the top of the glass to avoid spills.
*Dekko’s Recommendations: Absolute, Grey Goose or Crater Lake
Allan Dekko is a long-time member of the Tour Management team for Phantom Regiment